We had such an amazing December and enjoyed Landon's time at home so much. I now LOVE the Christmas songs "I'll be Home for Christmas" and "All I want For Christmas is You" (K, the latter, I admit is somewhat annoying, but if get you past the jazzer-size element, the words are great and so true!)
We had planned to just hang out and not do anything while Landon was home and that's exactly what we did . . . or didn't do. Our Christmas break consisted of movies, snuggling, sleeping in, going on some dates, family parties, and of course some honey-do's. It was so wonderful to have Landon here for the holidays and I really cannot imagine having to "celebrate" without him. I am toast if/when he gets deployed!
We'll have to do an "after" picture of Landon and Boston when Landon gets home because Boston will be the one that will change the most while Landon's away.
This was us at the airport when I took him to go back. It didn't really hit me until we were standing in the line for security (I got to go back with him to the gate and wait with him until his plane left.) and the tears started a flowin!!
I get to go back to South Carolina in 1 month and 2 days (not that I'm counting) to see him graduate. I cannot wait to see him again!! After that, he will go to Texas for AIT (Advanced Individual Training) where he will learn how to be a medic. He graduates AIT May 31st and that's when the real adventure begins when we move where ever the Lord wants us.
9 comments:
My brother in law is stationed at fort Carson. It isn't too bad here in colorado.
Am I going to sound like a wuss if when I saw him in church with your family, even I got a little teary eyed? I just imagined what it would be like to be you guys. You both are heroes!
You BOTH really are heroes! You do an amazing job Haley and I'm proud of your commitment to your family and your country, you rock!!
By the way, great pic of you and your soldier!!
So glad he was able to be here for Christmas with you.
Glad he was able to be home. So many service men and women were not. Your photo with him is really cute.
I bet you have a lot of sympathy for full-time single moms! I don't know how you are doing it.
Glad he was able to be home. So many service men and women were not. Your photo with him is really cute.
I bet you have a lot of sympathy for full-time single moms! I don't know how you are doing it.
Great post Haley! You are so awesome and we love you guys so much! I hope the next few months fly by fast for you guys:)
So amazed at you and your family. Glad that you had the holiday's together, and a big THANK YOU to your husband for being willing to protect those he loves. Hope he enjoys the rest of his training!
Post a Comment